It's that day that you always imagine after having your babies, but you can't believe would ever come. Turns out that day actually does come. Jayda gets to go to Shawmont Elementary, and unlike what we are used to in the west, it's full day kindergarten, and she gets to wear a uniform. I say "gets to" because really, it's kind of cool, it will probably be the only time that she'll have to. It also makes dressing her every morning a bit easier.
She wears blue bottoms and a white top everyday. Unfortunately her first day of school was gym day, so she's in sweats, but normally she wears skirts or jumpers. The first day we dropped her off, I cried like a baby. Watching her walk into that huge school, with her backpack the practically the same size as her was just too much. They get big so fast! When Glenn and I got in the car he looked at me and said "okay, we're alone" and I got to bawl my eyes out. Ah, being a parent. She's really enjoyed herself so far. She's learning how to read and do math. Her favorite part is lunch, recess and snacktime, and she loves all the friends she's made. She's loved getting to share her experience with Leo which has been great.




Fort Colossus
1 month ago

4 comments:
Looks like a ton of fun! Crazy how fast they grow up. Thanks for all the posts! Looks like you guys have been busy!
awww! Little miss Jayda - Ellie saw the pictures and said, "aw, she's SO cute!" I have a feeling if we ever lived near each other those two would be thick as thieves. Love and miss ya!
Aww I just love the one of her & Leo holding hands! We're in this together! So cute!
What a cute little kindergartener!
Post a Comment