Saturday, March 28, 2009

Top 'o the Morning to You!

Maybe I just wasn't paying attention, but St. Patrick's Day never seemed to be a big holiday back west. I was surprised here to see how many people decorate their homes, shops, and themselves for St. Patty's Day. In my aerobics class, I ended up next to a woman with tall green antennas! So it was a lot of fun this year to celebrate St. Patrick's Day by having an all green dinner with our cousins Ben and Jordan, the Church's and another family that Jordan knew through preschool, Rob and Stella. Our yummy dinner consisted of green tortellini and chicken, green fruit, a green salad, with green rolls and a green dessert. We also played some Rock Band, which is such a fun game! Jayda didn't mind all the green, but as soon as we got home, she put her pink dress on a sighed with relief to be back in the color she was born to wear. Bless her heart. It was a fun day, and a fun tradition to start, thanks Ben and Jordan!






Notice Skyler screaming in the picture, life must be so hard when you're two!


Singing along to Bon Jovi!

Playing the drums

A plate of Greenness



Green rolls




Happy St. Patty's Day!

7 comments:

Alissa said...

Looks so fun! Oh Skyler, what a sweet boy! At least we got a few smiles out of him today right:) Love it!

sara cardon said...

This is so cute!! I think the extent of our St. Patrick's celebration back in good ol' Idaho consisted of dying the cereal milk green...so it is kind of funny how big a holiday (a parade even!) it is out here. Must be all the Irish. What a fun green party!!

em said...

I'm guessing it wasn't as big out West because there weren't bars on every corner in which to celebrate ;)

Melinda said...

true-I don't think it's so big out here...but west coast is pretty laid back about just about everything, so it's not surprising lol

jor said...

haha...green antennas! I love it!

Rebecca said...

It is so appropriate for your family to celebrate a GREEN holiday. Too cute
I love the photos of your fun Green dinner & singing with everyone!

Rebecca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.