Well, we're completely done packing and out of the house. In the meantime we've been hanging out with my parents at their house until Monday when we head out! Since I have a little extra time, I thought I'd blog as much of our California trip as we can so that I'm not too overwhelmed next time I get a chance to blog. For my Poky friends, there's going to be a little get-together at my empty house Friday night to say goodbye. Feel free to stop by if you'd like, I'd love to see you! Anyway, here's the first day of our trip.
Traveling with kids, especially flying, is an adventure in and of itself. We actually didn't do too bad, which I can say now that it's long over! We had to drive three hours to the SLC airport, picking Jackie up on the way, and the flight was an hour and a half. The hardest part of the whole thing is all the stuff you have to do in between, ie shuttles, security, waiting. Needless to say, it was great to finally get to our destination. These are pics of us at the airport, on the plane and on the shuttle.
Once we got to San Diego, we rented our van, reunited with Deanna and Baby Haven (yay!), and searched desperately for a place to eat. My parents took us to a great restaurant called the Rotisserie that had great wraps, chicken, etc. It was just nice not to be on a plane anymore! As a sidenote, we got there the weekend of the fourth, so the city was completely overtaken by shirtless and bikini clad coeds who were nursing the effects of their previous activities! It wasn't bad and luckily we were never kept up at night, but they did make me feel a little old!
We got to our condo to find it a little unusual. The downstairs was completely seperated from the top, which worked, even though it would have been nice to have everyone together. But, the condo was still great and so close to the ocean.
So after we got settled, we decided to do a little exploring. Most of it involved walking up and down the boardwalk that ran along the beach. It was really crowded with others walking, biking and jogging, but I really loved walking the boardwalk. It was so pretty, with tons of shops and things to look at. If I lived there, walking the boardwalk would be something I'd do everyday.
Then of course we had to go to the beach. I LOVE the beach, there is something so calming about the whole environment. The kids loved it too, although it did take them a few days to get used to the water. Jayda would run out to the waves, until they would chase her back to the shore. Everyday she would let herself get a little deeper in the water, so it was nice to see her make some progress. Skyler never got too interested in the water, mostly because he didn't like the force of the waves, but he LOVED playing in the sand with all the toys provided for him. Best picture of Jayda and Grandpa!
The rest of the day was spent relaxing in the condo and watching movies. It was a very fun and EXHAUSTING first day, with a lot to look forward to!
Fort Colossus
1 month ago

1 comments:
Fun fun!
Post a Comment